Many people have the wrong idea on financial freedom and being wealthy in general. I see many people asking themselves ‘why am I so broke right now’ when the question they should be asking themselves is “what can/should I do to become wealthy” I’m practically not talking about getting thousands of dollars right away but what should you do to be a step ahead of where you were yesterday. Many people easily gets frustrated about being wealthy, simply because they think being wealthy is instantaneous. Most wealthy people you see around today started working on making their dreams their reality in their 20s, 30s, and even 40s. being wealthy takes time and you must learn to be diligent if you want to learn how to be wealthy in the right way.
I highlighted in this article some of the reason why most people are poor today.
1. THEY CRITICIZE THE RICH; one common thing about poor people is that they spend most of their time criticizing rich people. They alter words like; “that guy got he’s wealth from inheritance”, “that guys money is no genuine” “that guy is greedy” etc. they say this things without even getting to know this people. The simple truth is that, if you keep criticizing rich people, it shows that you have a problem with wealth. You need to evaluate yourself and ask yourself this question; why am I criticizing this rich people? Is it your belief, is it a thing you’ve heard in the past, is it envy? Once you are able to find answers to these questions, you are getting close to your own success. The amazing part is that poor people doesn’t only criticize rich people, they also go all the way t criticize rich places. Poor minded people always feels inferior to rich things and places and this is detrimental to their own success.
2. POOR PEOPLE MAKE EMOTIONAL PURCHASES; for instance, some people might work and save some good amount of money instead of investing the money in financial securities, they end up spending the money on throwing big parties and material things which they don’t really need just to impress people. So instead of making rational decisions they end up making emotional decisions. At one point or the other in our lives, we all make emotional purchases but you have to pause and ask yourself “do I really need this party”? always take inventory on what you are spending your money on. When it comes to money, you have to be more rational than emotional.
3. ANOTHER REASON IS THAT POOR PEOPLE FAIL TO DEVELOP THEIR TALENT : everyone who has achieved financial success today is someone who has developed He’s/her talent. People developing their talent is not something you often see on the screen, they do it behind the scene so all you see is the outcome. So if you want to be wealthy, you have to discover your talent and develop it.
4. ANOTHER REASON IS THAT POOR PEOPLE MAKE EXCUSES: most poor people blame people for their failure, they blame circumstances, they blame their background for their lack of success. You need to realize what you have and what you can do to be successful. Why others are creating excuses, you should be cresting reasons to succeed.
5. ANOTHER REASON IS THAT POOR PEOPLE FAIL TO LEARN ABOUT MONEY. Financial literacy is a must for anyone who wants to be wealthy. Many people today spend most of their time in studying and gaining more knowledge on things that doesn’t really matter. They spend time learning about sports, music e.t.c they never focus on the importance of money. You need to take inventory of what you know about money right now ( how much do you know about saving, interest rate, inflation, retirement etc)
6. ANOTHER REASON MOST PEOPLE ARE NOT RICH IS THAT THEY BELIEVE THAT THEY ARE POOR; so many people downplay who they are and what they can become and for this reason they remain poor. You have to step up and unleash your potential if you want to be successful.
7. ANOTHER REASON WHY SO MANY PEOPLE ARE POOR IS BECAUSE THEY BELIEVE MONEY IS BAD: I often hear people say “money is the root of all evil” if you keep thinking like this, you will never be wealthy in life. Money is essential for a happy life.
Thank you for reading I hope you find my article helpful, don’t forget to leave your opinion in the comment section.
image credit; google.com