“No matter how painful, there’s always a sense of relief in the end of something you knew was supposed to be over”
The feelings of being in a relationship is ecstatic and a milestone away from having a price tag. The sense of being in a relationship comes with great euphoria to the extent that being in a relationship is placed sky high in the hierarchy of needs when it comes to living a healthy and fun filled life. But people never really sit back to think about the roller coaster that accompanies a relationship. Having a relationship is undoubtedly a great feelings, but like we already know, anything that has pros must in one way or the other have some Cons even though that might remain undetected. So today, I will be talking about some of the down side of having a relationship.
1. TRAUMA OF WORK-RELATIONSHIP BALANCE: who said balancing ones career is easy? Talk more of adding a relationship to the midst. If work and relationship are two separate things so they must be treated separately. Work-relationship balance not properly tamed may lead to being between the devil and the deep blue sea. Once you have a relationship alongside a career, balancing both forces becomes mandatory. I previous published an article on work relationship balance you can read it up here.
2. HAVING TO PUT OTHERS FIRST: being in a relationship comes with a trailer load of responsibilities and one of them is having to put your partner’s feelings before yours otherwise, you become a selfish partner. You will constantly have to worry about what your partner thinks about what you wear, where you go, and the people you hang around with. To an extent that some people will constantly have to hit the GYM not because they want to, but narrowed down to the fact that they somewhat feels insecure of what their partner might think about their weight.
3. HAVING TO PUT UP WITH YOUR PARTNERS FRIENDS: once you find yourself in a relationship, it becomes necessary to get along with the folks who are dear and near to your partner. Sometimes, you might have to compromise your moment of solitude just to make out with them. You might even find yourself skipping some key events just to attend birthday parties, dinners, and get together.
4. SPENDING LESS TIME WITH FRIENDS: in rare cases, some relationship comes with a coin toss that you might have to choose between your friends and partner this is equivalent to being between the horns of dilemma.
5. MOOD SWINGS: every human is subjected to applicable changes. There are certain moments when we are having mood swings and we need to enjoy some moment of solitude. Being with your partner makes this difficult to achieve.
6. BILLS, BILLS AND BILLS: relationship to a certain level required bills. ranging from the bill to set up a steady communication, going on a date, going to the cinema and all that.
NOTE; these are just my thoughts of the downsides of a relationship so therefore does not mean you go ahead and call off your relationship. Relationship are part of the responsibilities of life. Go ahead and enjoy life to the fullest.
image credit: google.com
Thank you for reading. Hope you enjoyed reading this articles. A very big thank you for stopping by.Your Remaining Votes (within 24hrs) : 10 of 10