A brief breakdown of some of the EOS blockchain’s most pressing events of the day.
Referendum System Update
- EOS Canada posted an update on their blog describing the current state of the long awaited referendum system critical to the long term success of the network.
- In the post EOS Canada describes: a brief history of the referendum system, a current status update of where the nearly complete projects stands, and graciously credits EOS Nation, Greymass, GenerEOS, and EOS Tribe for all of their contributions.
- In conclusion, they say “the remaining step is to finalize the tally mechanism” and the new system should be off to the races.
- Life on the eos blockchain continued to be a struggle for a second day as CPU constainse continued to plague the network.
- Many in the community, as evident on eos subreddit, blamed two eos block producers in particular for poor network performance.
- Like RAM prices earlier in the year, CPU constraints pose challenge to young blockchain.
BP Consolidation Fears
- Some in the community have started to worry about the increasing number of top block producers located in Asia and in China (the top 4 bp’s) in particular.
- These developments come on the heels of recent allegations of vote buying and coordination amongst some of the top Chinese bp’s.
Helpful EOS Tools
- EOS BP Ratings Proxy: A super helpful and informative tool by eosratings.com for helping people to objectively choose statistically based eos block producers as well as an optional proxy for those who don’t have the time or will to choose 30 different bp’s on their own.
- Top Tools: A collection of the top rated bp tools by eosratings.com organized by their super useful Value Add Matrix.
- EOS BP Global Distributed (We can do better): A highly useful breakdown of the geographic distribution of the eos block producer ecosystem.