A new album review, this time, is the legendary Wu-Tang Clan henchman, Ghostface Killah. Ever since the first song that came out with Ghostface masked face, he made a big impact in the game. The Gorilla with the strength of 80 midgets is one of the most lyrical emcees in the whole hip hop world. He is also one of the most consistent emcees in the clan with dart after dart of killer tapes from the original purple tape. This new album he comes out straight with fire and with some sounds deserving of Supreme Clientele. He resonates through the speakers with an intro from Michael Rappaport giving the proper introduction to the man.
The first dart is a killer one with some bars like ‘we kamikaze we aerodynamics’ he goes off on some great aggressive beat. His feature sounds like Noreaga, but list as KXNG Crooked, Benny the Butcher & .38 Spesh. The features are pretty good they keep the intensity and the bars also heavy enough to box with the god.
The second track sounds like a we made it from Supreme Clientele. I love that the beat changes back into a muffle sound that kick some of the husky voice from GFK and then attack the track with some verbal chorus before leaving it to his co-defendant Planet Asia & Hus Kingpin.
We go into a more Ironman mood with a city lights mood and ghost talking about Kung Fu and black belt stuff. He verbalize with some street shit about the drug game. He talk about the drug money that he pushed through these streets and how he is the best in the game still. True east coast shit, with the sample from hard blues. Ghost chorus over the track as a robbery stripping his prey from his benjies and franklins. Real street shit.
The album is incredible at 13 tracks, realistically 11, he put on a bunch of emcees beside himself. From familiars clansmen like Cappadona, Killah Priest, La the Darkman, Raekwon and Masta Killa. He also list some other famous hiphop legends like Snoop Dogg, Big Daddy Kane, E-40, Tricky and others.
This is the complete tracklist, the album itself is a great one, will keep the Wu heads bopin’ to these bars and dissecting the slang for a few months.
- 0:00 Introduction feat. Michael Rappaport
- 1:47 Buckingham Palace feat. KXNG Crooked, Benny the Butcher & .38 Spesh
- 5:03 Majestic Accolades feat. Planet Asia & Hus Kingpin
- 9:05 Cold Crush feat. LA the Darkman, Ras Kass, Chris Rivers & Harley
- 13:47 Put the Ghostface On It 14:51 Saigon Velour feat. Snoop Dogg & E-40
- 18:25 Constant Struggle feat. Killah Priest & Bishop Lamont
- 22:13 Done It Again feat. Big Daddy Kane, Cappadonna, Styliztik Jones & Harley
- 27:37 Reflections of C.R.E.A.M
- 28:53 Watch Em’ Holla feat. Raekwon, Masta Killa, Cappadonna & DJ Grouch
- 32:42 I Think I Saw A Ghost feat. Sheek Louch, Vic Spencer, Reignwolf & Luke Holland
- 37:08 Outroduction feat. Michael Rappaport
- 38:19 Saigon Velour feat. Snoop Dogg, E-40 & Tricky [Bonus]
At 40 minutes most wu-fans wont be disappointed and old heads would find it amazing to see Ghost rhymin next to Big Daddy Kane and Snoop dogg. Some others will enjoy the new emcees to step into the game with their bars. The cameos really did perform amazingly.
This is a most recommended for the original Wu heads and the boom bap fans, hope that you can give it a listen. I am including the album on youtube. Please comment and let me know your favorite.