Hello guys, it’s your favorite crypto blogger with another round of juicy crypto gossip!
I’ve been off for a while because I’ve been mad busy. Lots and lots of amazing things popping up in the cryptosphere and it’s just too much for the senses. I want to have it alllllll! Lol.
DAPPS are now the future of scalability and proper usecase in cryptocurrency and what better way to have a decentralized app than a decentralized social media platform?
# GLACIER PLATFORM
The Glacier platform is a social media network built on the Glacier blockchain platform that rewards users, content creators and curators alike for their effort on the platform. Basically everyone that has a connection to glacier platform is rewarded in some way.
# How It Works
The Glacier platform is uniquely designed so that users of all categories can earn rewards on their posts. The Content creators come on the platform to create unique and interesting content on the platform, and other users who read and enjoy these contents show their appreciation by curating such content. Post rewards, curation rewards are then distributed between both the poster and the curator.
# POS – PROOF OF STAKE
Proof of stake is the consensus algorithm used by cryptocurrencies to validate blocks. The main advantages of proof of stake are energy efficiency and security. In a proof of stake system, the creator of the next block is determined by a randomized system that is, in part, dictated by how much of that cryptocurrency a user is holding or, in some cases, how long they have been holding that particular currency. Instead of computational power as is the case in proof of work, the probability of creating a block and receiving the associated rewards is proportional to a user’s holding of the underlining token or cryptocurrency on the network.
The main advantage of proof of stake, over a system such as proof of work, is that it uses considerably less energy and as a result is more cost effective. It is well documented that each Bitcoin transaction, which uses a proof of work system, can require as much electricity. This is both ineffective and unsustainable.
Masternode is simply a cryptocurrency full node or computer wallet that keeps the full copy of the blockchain in real-time, just like your have Bitcoin full nodes and is always up & running.
But masternodes are considerably different in their functionality than normal nodes.
They are different because they perform several other functions apart from just keeping the full blockchain and relaying blocks/transactions as a full node does.
Some of the special functions that these nodes perform are:
– Increasing privacy of transactions
– Doing instant transactions
– Participating in governance and voting
– Enable budgeting and treasury system in cryptos
These masternodes are not standalone but they are always communicating with other such nodes to make a decentralized network and are often referred in short form as MN.
## Masternodes; Problems and Issues
Thanks to the Internet, with the right tools any random Joe can create a coin and launch it with the right tools and implements. And as we both know, most of these “start-ups” masternode coins crash and burn the minute they hit the exchange. A major reason for this is the poor understanding of economics by the developers.
– Unlike other blockchain social media platforms, the Glacier platform is built on a proof of stake blockchain. This means users will be able to stake their coins to earn more rewards or simply run masternodes. This way, even if you are too busy to post, you can keep earning Glacier coins.
– Furthermore, the Glacier platform is designed in such a way that users are incentivized to not dump their coins. This is because users will be able to lock their coins up for voting power so as to be able to create content and get more rewards. The more Glacier coins you have locked up, the more rewards you get from curating. Amazing!
– Glacier Platform is 100% Open Source, which means you can go through the code and inspect if to your hearts content.
• Glacier Platform will also implement E-books publishing and Magazine Marketplace. This feature will be added in the later quarters of 2019. more details about it can be found in the roadmap.
• The creation of a Decentralized global E-Books Marketplace on Glacier platform will allow users from anywhere and everywhere to be able to publish and sell their works on the platform.
• GLPM is also earned on each sale of your book on the platform
• Low transaction fees and very fast transactions
Currently, the GLPM pre-salw is ongoing and listing on cryptobridge images few days. What better way to secure passive income for the future than by getting a stake in this amazing platform today? To get yours, join the discord community [here](https://discord.gg/GrcKQyD) and get your very own GLPM masternode.
# OFFICIAL LINKS
Block Explorer: http://glpm.dynu.net/
Masternode Setup Script: https://github.com/mascondante/GLPM
Masternode Ranking and Stats:
You can particpate in the ongoing GLPM
Glacier Platform Contest 25,000 GLPM: