Hey TRYBErs and EOSians:
I would prefer a different title for my first post on TRYBE, but I guess I’m not much of a Blogger, and the Situation demands more than just a short Tweet with a screenshot.
At first, this alarmed and upset me, since this is the first time that this happens to me. It was hard to believe at first… But as I write this post, I actually feel flattered, seems that I’ve been building some Influence within the Crypto Community :p
Anyway, this is not a Self-Promoting Post but a WARNING SIGN, So let’s stick to the Story:
Today, I received a call from a good friend from the EOS Israel community, Hezi, who called me to congratulate me for having talked to Mr. Dan Larimer himself…
– YEAH, didn’t you just told me @ Telegram that you guys are working on some “Strategic Partnership”?
– WHAT? No… I Didn’t tell you that. Wait, who are you talking to on Telegram?
– You? Isn’t that you?
And to make the short, There is a SCAMMER impersonating me and trying to get people to send their KYC and start a “Strategic Partnership”, which I assume would eventually lead to then asking for Hezi’s money. Oh! and they Offered him a 900 Daily EOS Payment, creating what would become the “More than the #1 EOS BP DAILY REWARD SCAM!”
So, here are the screenshots of their conversation:
* Please take note and beware your friends, they are getting smarter (but not better at grammar :p)
Screen1: “It’s not a news?” come on! Oh! and please tell me more about that EOS Swiss bank…
Screen 2; Single / Plural, Past / Present, Can this get any worse? Oh Yes: you have been expecting dan like the coming of Jesus Christ… TO A JEW! LOL XD
Screen 3: Pshhh! a Board Member in EOS huh? Not BAD!
– And once he sent the Mail, here comes the 1st ask / Malicious Link:
Eligible to 900 EOS Tokens every 24h? WOW! I Just Won the Lottery! and Silly me though that I needed to become a TOP 21 BP for that!
So Let’s be clear about some things here:
– I haven’t met Dan Larimer or Brendan Blumer in person, although it would be a great honor
– I would NEVER ask you for your KYC Data, or your Money, nor will I contact you directly offering you a “Strategic Partnership”.
– This scammer knows a thing or two about EOS and is definitely aware of who are the Key Personalities, be prepared.
– This SCAM is probably directed at people with little knowledge about EOS, and that make than “oh-so-usual” confusion between EOS and BLOCK.ONE (I know, right?)
So, to my impersonating SCAMMER: as much as this might be flattering, STOP! If a single Member of the EOS Community falls for your scam and parts with their money, we will make sure you never end up with that money and we will Black-List your ass all over the Crypto-Space, Understood?
To my fellow EOSians and Crypto-Fam:
– Stay Safe, Stay Smart, and please, please, please: Don’t FALL for this SH*T!
I’m enjoying this posting thing… I’ll keep it up
or should I now change it to:
Hernan “No Strategic Partnerships” Arber?