- 2.2. The Bluffer’s Guide to Cryptocurrency – How Does Bitcoin & Blockchain Actually Work?
- 2. Bluffer’s Guide to Cryptocurrency – “How Did Bitcoin Come Into Existence?”
- 2.3. The Bluffer’s Guide to Cryptocurrency – How does Bitcoin Blockchain actually work (Part 2)?
- 3.1 The Bluffer’s Guide to Cryptocurrency – Being Secure with Cryptocurrency & Wallets
- 3.2 The Bluffer’s Guide to Cryptocurrency – How to Buy Cryptocurrency and How Exchanges Work
- 4. The Bluffer’s Guide to Cryptocurrency – Definitions of Common Phrases
- 5. Bluffer’s Guide to Cryptocurrency – How To Keep Track of Your Cryptocurrency Portfolio
- Introducing – “The Bluffer’s Guide to Cryptocurrency” – Blog Series for Beginners
- 6. Bluffer’s Guide to Cryptocurrency – News Outlets & Fluctuations in Price
- 7. Bluffer’s Guide to Crytocurrency – Blockchain Platforms for Musicians & Music FansPrelude
Firstly, this is a blog series I originally created on Steemit (ooo errr) but as I’ve experienced in various other discords, there’s still a lot of technical hurdles to overcome so I thought I’d bring the blogs over to the Trybe platform too.
I hope the community finds it useful – here is the source to this particular blog post, introducing the Bluffer’s Guide to Cryptocurency. Everything from this point is the same, with slight modifications made to clear up source formatting. Let’s begin.
So what on Earth is going on with this buzz around cryptic cryptocurrencies, brain busting blockchain and Bitcoin?
What does that first sentence even mean?!
Well, you early users on Trybe might already have some idea about what’s going on but for much of the global population, they are just a load of buzz words used in the media that don’t really mean anything.
Therefore, I’m going to recreate the series of posts to help total beginners understand what Bitcoin is, what blockchain is and how it works from the very basic level. This is not going to be financial advice on which coins to invest in but to give you a foundation and some tools to do your own research.
What Skills Do I Need To Have Already?
No expertise in computer science is needed (I certainly don’t have any – it’s called the “Bluffer’s Guide” for a reason). All you need is just a little bit of patience as I will do my best to explain it to you over the coming weeks. If I can explain it to my mum – THE most techno-phobic person in the world – and she understands it, then you won’t have a problem in understanding it either!
Why Should I Follow This Series?
I am by no means an expert (I’ve known about the basic premise of Bitcoin for a couple of years but only recently started looking further in to it) but I’ve had to decipher a lot of technical information and as part of my day job, I need to convert technical language in to “plain and simple” for my colleagues. So I thought I would continue to practice as I love learning and educating people with what I learn!
When I spoke with my friends about it, I noticed a lot of my friends saying around December 2017, “Have you seen the price of crypto? It’s mad how high it is, I think I might get some”, without really knowing what they are getting themselves in to – myself included. There are a lot of factors at play here but people just tend to see the price of things and think “I want some of that” when mainstream media reports Bitcoin at an all-time-high.
I couldn’t stand by and watch that happen any longer so I want to do my bit…(coin)! Ha
[Source – imgur – so many good memes on there]
Sounds Cool! How I can keep in the loop?
Make sure you follow me over the coming weeks/months so you don’t miss a post!
I also make liquid drum & bass music and host a radio show once every 2 months so will be interspersed with posts about music. Bear with me, I also have a full time job to keep me occupied (and paid most importantly) so posts may be infrequent, for which I apologise!
Please leave a comment if there’s something you’d like me to cover in the guide. This is by no means final but more of a fluid format that will change. My initial plan of creating a pdf at the end of 2018 doesn’t look like it will happen because that’s the nature of the beast haha.
What Topics Will Be Covered?
The content of the “Bluffer’s Guide to Cryptocurrency” will initially look like this and each bullet point will be a separate post so as not to overload you with information:
2. The history and technology of Bitcoin
2.1 How and why did Bitcoin come in to existence?
2.2 How does Bitcoin & blockchain actually work (Part 1)?
2.3 How does Bitcoin & Blockchain actually work (Part 2)?
3. Buying Bitcoin
3.1 Being secure with cryptocurrency & wallets
3.2 How to Buy Bitcoin & How Exchanges Work
4. Definitions of common phrases
5. Portfolio Management
6. Cryptocurrency News Outlets & Fluctuations in Price
7. Blockchain Platforms for Musicians & Music Fans
7.1 Atom Collector Records Part 1
7.3 Musicoin Part 1
7.4 Inmusik Part 1, Inmusik Part 2, Inmusik Part 3 (you are here)
7.5 Steemit Part 1
7.6 Channels (defunct since the Bluffer’s Guide began)
7.9 Trybe (of course!)
8. Concluding Thoughts (will I ever get here)
Take it easy and catch you soon!
NickyYour Remaining Votes (within 24hrs) : 10 of 10