Enterprise Friendly Governed Blockchain
Telos is a governed blockchain. TBN (Telos Blockchain Network) is based on EOSIO – the same software that powers EOS Mainnet. Telos is not a fork of EOS Mainnet. Telos is independent blockchain. It is competitor to EOS Mainnet. It is a modern blockchain and has implemented several improvement and features over EOS Mainnet.
Telos has a comprehensive governance framework that consists of seven major documents:
- TBN Operating Agreement (Primary governance document, so called TBNOA; stands for Telos Blockchain Network Operating Agreement): In EOS World this can be compared to EOS Constitution.
- TBN Arbitration Rules & Procedures (Rules and procedures for arbitration on Telos): In EOS World this can be compared to ECAF Rules.
- TBN ‘Regproducer’ Contract (Rules, responsibilities and representations of block producers): In EOS World this can be compared to EOS ‘Regproducer’ Contract.
- TBN BP Minimums (Minimum requirements to act as a block producer): EOS does not have any such governance document or process.
- TBN ‘Regarb’ Contract (Rules, responsibilities and representations of arbitrators): EOS does not have any such governance document or process.
- TBN Arbitrator Minimums (Minimum requirements to act as an arbitrator): EOS does not have any such governance document or process.
- TBN Data Protection Policy: EOS does not have any such governance document or process.
Please note that when Telos will launch; as early as October 31, 2018, it will have complete documentation and operating structures. It will have implemented full on-chain governance, the ability to ratify or amend the governance documents by community voting, a worker proposal system, and election of block producers and arbitrators. The launch checklist status can be read at https://telosfoundation.io/launch
The Telos Blockchain Network provides;
- Secure, and
- well managed network.
Telos helps developers to design, test, and deploy DApps for enterprise, government and general consumer segments . As said, Telos offers many advantages over EOS mainnet
It is important to realize that according to EOS Constitution (Article VII) all DApp code running on the EOS mainnet has to be open source. Telos will not force developers to open source their code. This a tremendous advantage for Enterprises and Government Industry Sector.
Lower Cost DApp(s) Deployment / Better RAM Management
The TBN (Telos Blockchain Network) will manage RAM with multiple tools. RAM will scale with actual usage. This will limit early RAM speculation and steep fluctuations. It will ensure that cost of deploying DApp(s) will be more affordable in comparison with EOS Mainnet.
Within the Telos Governance Framework there is a dedicated role as “RAM Administration Director“. Ref: https://telosfoundation.io/foundation This role will help developers to get needed RAM at or under Published Guidance Price (PGP).
GRC (Governance, Risks, and Compliance) Best Practices
Telos has considered industry best practices in Governance, Risks and Compliance. It is helping Telos to become Enterprise Friendly. Telos Governance (as described above consisting of 7 documents) is in alignment of industry best practices, frameworks, and standards.
Data Protection Policy
Telos has also well defined Data Protection Policy as part of it’s Governance Framework. This is a big competitive edge over EOS Mainnet which has no data protection policy whatsoever.
Security & Resiliency
TBNOA (Telos Blockchain Network Operating Agreement) has ensured minimum BP requirements as part of Governance Framework. These requirements are meant to ensure Secure, Resilient and Redundant Network.
Competitive edge over EOS Mainnet
… and there are many more benefits. In summary these are the major competitive edge over EOS Mainnet:
- Minimum BP Requirements
- Established, reliable governance
- Tools available at launch
- Inverse-weighted Voting
- Low Inflation
- Base layer arbitration
- Worker Proposal System
- Fewer tokens on market
- Open or closed source apps
- Affordable, predictable RAM Market
TELOS LAUNCH TIMELINE
- Launch Information: telosfoundation.io/launch
- Lost Key Recovery: telosfoundation.io/recovery
- Community Rewards: (1 Million TLOS for Tweets!): telosfoundation.io/rewards
- Contributor: [email protected]
- Telos Foundation Website: https://telosfoundation.io
- Medium: https://medium.com/@teloslogical
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/HelloTelos
- Telegram: https://t.me/HelloTelos
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TelosFoundation.io
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheTelosNetwork